Representing AL, FL, GA, PR, SC, TN, VI
Welcome to District 5 - we have passed a milestone of 45,000 MEMBERS!
Welcome to our site! Please see NVP Kelley's celebratory letter to mark the milestone of surpassing 45,000 members in "Member Documents" on the right-hand menu. Our 5th District Calendar of Events and our District 5 NEWSLETTER are also in "Member Documents."
We are committed to keeping the membership of AFGE District 5 informed of issues that Federal employees face each day. With more than 45,000 dues-paying members, District 5 is the largest District in the federation that include engineers, nurses, doctors, lawyers, mechanics, teachers, janitors, etc., and they share only one trait — commitment. As a member, you have the opportunity to meet other dedicated people at local, district and national levels. You can attend the very best training and exchange ideas with others through a variety of venues. And you can take advantage of our variety of member benefits and services.
"We approach each assignment, large or small, with the same commitment to excellence. Our goal is to have your satisfaction lead to our next new member."
- Everett B. Kelley, National Vice President
- We are now on Facebook!! Please visit us by clicking here: www.facebook.com/AFGEDistrict5
- Our March Newsletter is online (in Member Documents). And... if you want to see your Local in the June 2015 edition, please send articles and pics to firstname.lastname@example.org before May 15!
- Our 2015 Local Presidents Meeting was January 12-15 at the Westin Atlanta Airport. We appreciated all of the participation and input from local leaders!
- The 2015 LPTI (Legislative and Political Training Institute), was our first event to kickoff the new year. Congratulations to the new graduates of the Institute!
- In September, we held the District 5 2014 P.O.R.T. Leadership Academy at the Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center. Congratulations to the newest P.O.R.T. graduates!!
(alphabetical) Delores Barber, Robert Bennett, Deborah Cannon, Fredrick Crenshaw, Norma Gonzalez, Ron “B.R.” Hardison, Sonya Jones, Tyrone Lipscomb, Carolyn Little, Abner Merriweather, Muriel Newman, Jenifer Pianpiano, Nancy Planas, Rudolph Porter, Caroline Raines, Valerie Reed, Ozia Scott, Merinda Sims, Eileen Slater, Angela Snowden, Carla Square, Ann Swartz, Johnny Taylor, Chuck Tjersland, Jennifer Turnbull, Veronica Vann, A.C. Walker, and Margaret Wheeler. (group picture below)
- P.O.R.T. Training plus District 5 Convention and Delegates Meeting, Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort / Kingston Resorts, June 7-12, 2015. Class Registration IS NOW OPEN ONLINE -http://www.cvent.com/d/crqps0. Early Bird Registration ends May 1, 2015. Online registration will close May 29, 2015. Once closed, NO EXCEPTIONS can be made. *AGENDA and CLASS SCHEDULE IS ON OUR WEBSITE* (updates coming soon) - go to "Member documents" on the right-side of our page. If you have any questions, please contact your District 5 Registration Team, Tracie Murray or Vera Harding at (770)907-2055 or PORT@afge.org
Rooms at the Hilton are available now in our AFGE block (the group code is FGE)--the link is below. The room block will *close* on May 9 and rooms are selling out fast- so be sure to make reservations soon! Call reservations(800) 876-0010 to book with ease with an onsite rep from 9am-5pm eastern time. Room rate of $140 is available June 7-12th. The night of June 12th is an increased rate of $289.00. Only double beds are left http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/groups/personalized/M/MYRBHHH-FGE-20150607/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG
Hotel contact info is: 10000 Beach Club Drive, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572, phone number 843-449-5000