After months of uncertainty, AFGE Council 100 leaders are back at the negotiating table to fight for better working conditions for TSA officers. The new contract negotiations will allow for bargaining over shift-bids, transfers, uniform policies, and other areas that ensure dignity and fairness on the job.
The current collective bargaining agreement will expire on December 9 unless a new agreement is reached.
Recent At the Table Issues
Your AFGE Contract Establishes Standards & Protects Your Rights
- Ensures performance-rating payouts are based on a consistent assessment system.
- Guarantees we have safety standards and equipment that help protect you from risks like chemical exposure and extreme temperatures.
- Successfully expanded the parking subsidy program at participating airports
- Nearly doubled your TSA uniform allowance from $232.00 to $446.00 a year.
- Granted officers permission to wear jackets at the checkpoint and shorts in hot weather
- Stops TSA from denying leave without an appropriate reason or as a form of discipline.
- Allows TSA supervisors to excuse tardiness for up to 30 minutes.
- Creates rules for shift bids and a shift trade policy that all airports must follow.
- Learn more about what's in your Union contract
How do I join the union?
If you want to become a member of AFGE contact your local AFGE representative or visit www.afge.org