AFGE’s Communication Department swept this year’s International Labor Communications Organization (ILCA) awards with 11 wins, the most we’ve ever received!
The annual ILCA Labor Media Awards honor writing, visual communications, social media, video, and web-based work about the labor movement’s mission, challenges, and victories.
We took home one first-place award, four second-place awards, three third-place awards, and three honorable mentions. Here’s the breakdown:
- The Race to Privatization (Political Action/Organizing Campaign - Best Flyer)
- Fed Up? Rise Up! Day of Action(Visual Communications - Best Photograph)
- Fed Up? Rise Up! Campaign (Best Multimedia Campaign)
- The Secret Memo: Inside Trump’s Plan to Destroy Unions (Writing - Best Series)
- Veterans, VA Employees, Local Communities Nationwide Protest Union Busting, Privatization (Writing - Saul Miller Awards - Political Action)
- AFGE Government Standard (General Excellence - Electronic Publication)
- #OccupyHart - Stop the Shutdown Protest (Visual Communications - Best Photo Essay or Gallery)
- Scientists, Researchers Resist USDA’s Relocation Plan in Powerful Display of Defiance (Writing - Best News Story)
- Take Me Back to Work Rally at Nationals Park (Visual Communications - Best Photograph)
- Huge Victory: USDA Economists, Analysts Vote Overwhelmingly to Join AFGE
(Writing - Saul Miller Awards – Organizing)
- Workers Mobilize Against Trump’s Unacceptable VA Contract Proposal (Writing - Saul Miller Awards - Collective Bargaining)