Tell Your Lawmakers to Oppose Budget Cuts:
- Tell them to oppose any cuts to federal employees compensation in the next federal budget:
President Trump's Proposed Budget Would:
- Increase current workers' out-of-pocket payments toward their pensions to 7 percent over six years.
- Reduce pension benefits for future retirees by averaging their highest five years of salary, instead of their high three.
- Eliminate annual cost-of-living adjustments for current and future retirees.
- Eliminate supplemental payments to employees who retire before age 62, like law enforcement & firefighters.
Organize Around the Proposed Budget Cuts!
You can use the materials below (while you are not on duty time) to educate your brothers and sisters on what is being proposed. You can also use these materials to ask your coworkers who are not AFGE members to join AFGE and join in the fight to stop these cuts.
Can’t be posted on bulletin boards or desk dropped:
Meet with your Member of Congress today!
- Many of you live in cities that have local congressional offices. We ask that you take these materials and set up a time to meet with your member of Congress or their staff asap:
- To find the local office for your Representative click here and to find the local offices of your Senators click here.
- If need any help getting or preparing for these local meeting, please contact your Legislative and Political Organizer.
- After your meeting, please share what your Member of Congress or their staff said with the AFGE Legislative Department by filling out this online form.
Tell Your Lawmaker: Vote No on H.R. 1461
H.R. 1461 impacts federal workers' workplace rights. If passed, the bill will effectively eliminate official time for all federal employees and cut retirement benefits for employee representatives. This bill will be voted on soon.
When the Representative's office answers, tell them this:
"Hello, my name is _____, and I'm a member of the American Federation of Government Employees from [Your City, State]. Please tell the Representative to vote NO on H.R. 1461. This bill does nothing to improve government. It is simply an attack my rights at work and my ability to provide quality service for the people I'm proud to serve. Thank you."
Resources: What You Need to Know
Use the icons below to help make AFGE Big Enough to Win: