Welcome to our new website which will be a source of information not just pertaining to AFGE Local 421 matters, but, also for National AFGE.
As most of you know I was elected to be Vice President back in February 2020, right before the World Health Organization declared that COVID-19 was a global pandemic. After, the untimely departure of my predecessor, I was sworn in as President with the new Local 421 Board on February 11, 2021 and we had our first members’ meeting in March 2021.
We have had many accomplishments in such a short time as a new board. We are especially proud of our collaboration with FERC on the development of the expanded telework policy, new flexible work schedules, additional compressed work schedule options and remote work pilot program.
Additionally, we had other accomplishments including, but not limited to the following:
• Updated the website.
• Passed the FY2021 budget.
• Prepared the monthly treasurer’s reports.
• Prepared meetings’ minutes.
• Filed a host of financial forms for the Local.
• Honored the Local’s retirees.
• Worked tirelessly behind the scenes, as stewards, to represent the bargaining unit employees (BUEs) concerning a host of issues.
• Distributed Christmas monetary gifts
The relationships developed with key agency heads, through our collaborations and negotiations on return to work issues, are based on mutual respect and trust. This is very important as we continue to advocate for the safety and welfare of the BUEs.
Karen De Los Santos, CPA, MBA