Best Practices for Local Leaders: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Things we recommend following when there is a confirmed case:
- Notify OSHA at the Federal Level (Federal OSHA and the State OSHA are separate agencies). Call 1-800-321-6742.
- Advise the State OSHA that a case is confirmed at your Federal Agency and the exposure could affect state businesses due to community spread of the (COVID-19) Federal OSHA has jurisdiction at your agency, state OSHA has jurisdiction over local businesses that are affected: Example fitness centers, Train station etc....
- Call CDC and advise them of the confirmed case at your location. Get their name, Title and what action they will be taking.
- Call your state Health Department and advise them that you have a case in your agency.
- Notify your Council and NVP/NR
- For a member to be able to use Workers Compensation benefits, they must be diagnosed by a doctor (MD)
- Many hospitals are advising infected employees to stay home, the infected employee should advise the hospital that they must get a written document with the Diagnosis due to the Federal Employees Compensation act (FECA).
- Some medical facilities will not test an employee unless they are admitting them, if this is the case, then the employee needs to go to a drive thru facility to be tested.
We also highly recommend setting a Conference call with all the affected employees. The call would advise the employees on how to proceed with their Workers Compensation Cases and safety. Loop in you NR.