AFGE members can save on a wide variety of health care services with a choice of two programs. Both provide telephone access to physicians and health and hearing specialists, and the Plus program adds healthcare advocacy, child & eldercare, and mental health counseling.
Dental care, vision care and prescription drug discounts, plus:
- Telemedicine - provided by Teladoc™: Teladoc™, a national network of U.S. board-certified, and state-licensed physicians who use electronic health records, telephone consultations and online video consultations to diagnose conditions, recommend treatment and write short-term, non-DEA controlled prescriptions when medically appropriate. Physicians are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Cost of consultation, Free. (Six one-half hour counseling sessions available per household each year.)
- Nurse Helpline - provided by Carenet: 24-hour Nurse Line provides access to experienced, compassionate nurses available 24/7 to answer questions, assess symptoms and provide care recommendations. Staffed by highly skilled, registered nurses to assist with members’ health concerns.
- Hearing Care discount - provided by HearPO: Save 40% off diagnostic services, including hearing exams and significant discounts on the price of hearing aid(s) at over 3,400 provider locations nationwide.
- Chiropractic & Alternative Medicine – provided by Choose Healthy (American Specialty Health):
Utilize a nationwide network of more than 31,000 credentialed health care providers which includes more than 23,000 contracted chiropractors. Receive a 25% discount off normal fees for services. The network includes chiropractors, massage therapists, acupuncturists and registered dietitians.
- Lab Services – provided by DirectLabs: Get access to a wide variety of important health and wellness blood chemistry tests at discounted prices, saving members 10% to 80% off regular retail pricing at over 3,000 certified labs nationwide.
- Imaging – provided by US Imaging: A premier diagnostic scheduling service that provides members with savings from 10% to 60% on advanced imaging procedures at over 2,400 radiology facilities nationwide. This program was specially designed to reduce the out of pocket costs on MRI, CT and PET scans.
- Diabetes Care and Supplies – provided by Global Total Health, LLC: Save from 52% to 72% off the retail prices of diabetic testing supplies. Get wholesale pricing with no shipping or handling fees and priority mailing on all products.
- Single: $12.95/month or $129.95 a year
- Family*: $16.95/month or $169.95 a year
Health Savings Discounts Program PLUS
For an additional fee, members can enroll in an enhanced program that will include all the benefits above plus healthcare advocacy, child & eldercare, and mental health counseling.
Additional Services Include:
- Health Care Advocacy – provided by Health Advocate: Health Advocate offers a range of comprehensive services to help members with clinical and administrative issues involving their medical, hospital, dental, pharmacy and other healthcare needs--saving member’s time, money, and worry.
- Child & Elder Care Assistance – provided by Resources for Living: Get comprehensive telephone consultations, research, referrals and educational resources for elder care, child care and care for people with disabilities.
- Mental Health Counseling – provided by American Behavioral Health: Members have access to a confidential, telephonic counseling and referral service. Counselors can also determine the best alternatives and, if necessary, make appropriate referrals to other professionals that specialize in your area of concern. American Behavioral is a national network of professional behavioral healthcare providers that are licensed and credentialed in their area of expertise.
Cost of PLUS Program:
- Single: $16.95/month or $169.95 a year
- Family*: $19.95/month or $199.95 a year
*Family includes spouse, dependents and all household family members.