How Much Does an AFGE Membership Cost?
- AFGE is a democratic organization in which the members of each Local decide the Local's dues structure.
- On average, AFGE members pay between $18 - $22 per pay period for union dues.
How Do I know if I’m Eligible to Join AFGE?
- Government employees are eligible for union membership if there is an AFGE-affiliated union at their worksite.
- If you don’t know if AFGE is at your worksite, visit this page and select the AFGE District where you work. Contact the National Vice President’s office’s and tell them you’d like to join, but aren’t sure you are represented.
- If the District office is unable to assist, contact the AFGE Membership and Organization Department at (202) 639-6410.
AFGE Isn’t at My Worksite – What Do I Do?
Don’t have AFGE at your worksite? Fill out this form and the Membership & Organizing Department will follow up with you.
If you would like to join, but do not currently have an AFGE-affiliated union at your location, send an email to our Organizing Department.
Membership forms and instructions to join can be found at the Join AFGE page.