AFGE Stands with VA Workers
AFGE salutes our veterans and applauds the patriotic men and women who serve veterans throughout the VA. Every day, these workers strive to make sure our veterans have access to the best healthcare and benefits possible. AFGE ensures that you are taken care of as well by protecting the pay, benefits, and workplace rights you deserve.
What has AFGE done for VA workers?
- AFGE helped secure billions of dollars in funding for more staff and facilities for veterans in 2014.
- Encouraged Congress members to close collective bargaining loophole for VA nurses, doctors, dentists, physician assistants, and other front line health care providers
- Fought to restore collective bargaining rights for VA employees
- Secured a new collective bargaining agreement for VA employees nationwide in 2011 that has enhanced working conditions for VA employees and strengthened AFGE's working relationship and partnership with the VA
How do I join AFGE?
VA employees are faced with understaffing, downgrades, contracting out and inadequate work credit systems within VHA and VBA. Together, we can stop these attacks and provide our veterans with the care and benefits they deserve. AFGE represents more than 210,000 employees across the VA. Follow these instructions to join:
- Download and complete this form.
- Mail completed form to: AFGE Attn: USDA Membership 80 F Street NW Washington DC 20001
- Or Fax the form to 202-355-6491, Attn: USDA Membership
- If you have any questions on how to fill out the form, please call toll free: 866-392-3832