Veteran Coordinator Volunteer Job Description
The person for this position should ideally be a veteran, that makes a commitment to serve as the P.O.C. for all veteran activities.
- Recruit B.U. veterans to join Local and AFGE Veterans program (Lunch & Learns, union meetings and other union activities).
- Join AFGE Veterans teleconferences (TBD). Report back information to Local members.
- Help organize participation of veterans in legislative and political activity (to include in-district and DC congressional visits) in accordance with Local leadership, Legislative and Political Coordinator (LPC) and AFGE legislative and political mobilization staff.
- Join a VSO (Veteran Service Organization) and form collaborative partnerships with appropriate affiliations/organizations to garner support for AFGE priorities.
- Plan and execute annual veteran’s recognition event.
- Mentor other veterans within the Local to help identify veteran-specific benefits and resources.
- Report all “veteran-specific” activity on the reporting form and via the AFGE Facebook Group.