AFGE Stands with OPM Workers
AFGE supports the more than 3,469 OPM employees across the country who serve as the chief human resources agency and personnel policy manager for the federal government, direct human resources and employee management services, administer retirement benefits, manage healthcare and insurance programs, oversee merit-based and inclusive hiring into the civil service, and provide a secure employment process. Our union is committed to protecting the pay, benefits, and workplace rights you deserve.
What has AFGE done for OPM workers?
- What has AFGE done for OPM workers?
• Worked with OPM management to enable all nonessential employees the ability to telework full time or be granted weather and safety leave during the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Ensured essential personnel have staggered or flexible work schedules to keep them safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Met with congressional leaders on Capitol Hill to prevent the abolishment of OPM.
• Organized around stopping the OPM/GSA merger.
Why Join AFGE?
Recent OPM News: