The AFGE National Veterans Affairs Council (NVAC) is holding its very first virtual training on health and safety in April, and this year’s agenda is chock-full of informative sessions that will equip you with real-world knowledge and up-to-date information to help you make your facility a safer place to work.
Registration for this 4-day training, which will be held April 19-22, is now open. Training will be done on Cvent Virtual Attendee Hub, so you can attend wherever you are!
Excited? Register here.
The awesome things you will get to learn
As a union representative, you have a great opportunity to make a difference when it comes to health and safety issues at work. Members depend on you to educate them on rules and laws they know nothing about. This training will turn you into a very well-informed health and safety advocates in just four days!
Here are a few examples of the classes:
- COVID transmission and worker protection
- Updates on OSHA national standards on COVID and policy changes
- How to assess the risk of COVID-19 exposure in your facility
- Workers’ Compensation
- OSHA health & safety standards and VA policy
- Workers’ rights under the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Employee involvement in workplace violence prevention
- Stress and suicide in the workplace
- Sexual harassment and bullying
- Environmental cleaning in hospitals
- Nuts & bolts of accident investigation
And so much more! Check out all the workshops here. They are led by some of the best health and safety experts in the industry.
Don’t miss this opportunity. Register and reserve your spot now!
Deadline for registration is April 9, 2021.