IMPORTANT: This information should not be downloaded using government equipment, read during duty time or sent to others using government equipment, because it suggests action to be taken in support of or against legislation. Do not use your government email address or government phone in contacting your Member of Congress.
By submitting your video to the contest you are acknowledging your acceptance of the terms set forth below.
Q: I submitted my video two weeks ago, why isn't it on YouTube yet?
A: All videos must be reviewed by our General Counsels Office (GCO) before being uploaded to YouTube. If there are any issues that come from GCO, you will be emailed and asked to correct those problems. Additionally, inclusion on YouTube has nothing to do with the judging process. All videos will be posted, and any delay will not impact your winning in any way.
Q: When will we hear if we won?
A: Now that the contest is over, the judges will begin reviewing and voting on all submissions. No winners will be announced until the end of January at the earliest.
Q: I'm worried you never received my submission, is there a way we can check if you did?
A: If you are concerned your submission was not received, please email [email protected] and we will confirm that it has been uploaded.
Local 3911 of the American Federation of Government Employees is holding a video submission contest from July 10, 2017 through December 31, 2017. Contestants should submit a single video entry that tells Local 3911 why they love the Environmental Protection Agency. Prizes range from a single, grand prize of $5,000.00 to $500.00 for 4th through 7th places. There are lots of chances to win!
Be sure to follow #LL2EPA between now and December to see the latest videos and news about the contest!
1. Contestants must be individuals who are United States citizens, and residents of the United States or a U.S. Territory.
2. Contestants may not be employees or former employees of the Environmental Protection Agency ("EPA") or their immediate families.
3. Contestants may not be members of Local 3911 or their immediate families.
4. Middle, high school and college students are encouraged to participate. Students may be enrolled in public or private schools, or be home-schooled. Contestants under 18 years of age must submit written parental consent with their entry.
5. Individuals or teams may create and submit entries. Teams may total no more than 5 individuals.
6. Each video entry must be 2 minutes or less in length, excluding end credits.
7. Each video entry must reflect the theme "Love Letters to the EPA" and show why the contestant supports the EPA and does not want to see it dismantled.
8. Video entries may not include partisan political statements or directly call for lobbying on specific legislation.
9. Each video entry must be the contestant's original work. Entries may not include copyrighted material, including images and music, without the express written consent of the copyright holder, which must be submitted with the video entry.
10. Video entries may not contain any obscene, inappropriate, or illegal material or images.
11. Contestants must credit all sources used to create their entry, either through end credits following the video or through a separately submitted list of cited works.
12. CREATIVITY COUNTS! Videos will be judged on their passion, poignancy, beauty, and quality.
13. Entries must be submitted using the online submission form and uploading portal available at www.afge.org/LL2EPA.
14. Entries submitted via email or with links to sites like YouTube, or through any other means, are not allowed and will not be accepted as part of the contest.
15. Entries must be received between July 7, 2017, and 11:59 p.m. on December 31, 2017.
16. Entries should be under 1.5GB in size, and in one of the following video formats: MP4 .AVI .MOV .MPG .MPG2 .MPEG2 .WMV.
17. There will be one grand prize of $5,000.00; one second place prize of $2,000.00; one third place prize of $1,000.00; and fourth, fifth, sixth, and seventh place prizes of
18. Winners will be determined by judges selected by Local 3911.
19. The decisions of the judges will be final.
20. Contestants who win more than $500.00 will be asked to provide a social security number so that Local 3911 may issue whatever tax forms may be appropriate, such as an IRS Form 1099. Contestants who fail or refuse to provide a social security number upon request will not receive nor will they be entitled to prize money.
21. The reporting of income and the payment of all required taxes, deductions, or withholdings will be the sole responsibility of each prize winner.
22. Winners will be announced early in 2018, and will be posted on www.afge.org/ll2epa.
23. By entering this contest, each contestant, including individuals comprising a team (each of whom is considered a contestant under these rules), expressly grants Local 3911 and its affiliates the irrevocable right to use, publish, and republish, his or her video entry without payment or limitation, in any publication, media, and/or format, existing now or in the future; and understands and agrees that, this grant notwithstanding, Local 3911 and its affiliates shall be under no obligation to use or publish any specific video entry.
24. By entering this contest, each contestant grants Local 3911 and its affiliates the right to use and/or publish his or her name, likeness, photograph, and biographical material (excluding date of birth, street address, or social security number), in connection with the advertising, promotion, or publication of this contest or the contestant's video, including through a third-party acting on behalf of Local 3911 or its affiliates.
25. By entering this contest, each contestant warrants that his or her video entry is an original work of creativity that does not contain any infringing or otherwise unlawful material; and each contestant agrees to indemnify Local 3911 and/or its affiliates for any monetary loss, including attorney's fees, arising from or related to the contestant's breach of this warranty.
26. By entering this contest, each contestant, including his or her heirs, assigns, agents, family members, or other successors in interest, understands and agrees that the submission of an entry does not create any enforceable right of any kind on the part of the contestant; except that prize winners selected by the judges will be entitled to the prizes set forth in these the rules.
27. By entering this contest, each contestant, including his or her heirs, assigns, agents, family members, or other successors in interest, agrees to release and hold harmless Local 3911 and its affiliates, such as AFGE National or AFGE Council 238, and their agents, assigns, officers, members, and employees, and any third party acting on behalf of Local 3911 or its affiliates, from any claims, losses, or damages arising from or relating to the contestant's entry or participation in this contest, in any forum.
28. Local 3911 reserves the right to reject and/or disqualify, without liability of any kind, any entry that does not comply with these rules.
29. In the event that fewer than 7 eligible contest entries are received by the submission deadline, Local 3911 reserves the right, in its sole and unreviewable discretion, to allow the judges to select winners from the available pool of entries, to extend the original submission deadline by up to 60 days, or to end the contest without the selection of any prize winners or awarding any prizes.
30. This contest is void where, and to the extent, prohibited by law.
For further clarification of these rules, or for any questions, please email [email protected].