About MyLocal

Common Questions:

  1. How do I update members in MyLocal?
  2. What’s the criteria for adding retired members, reinstating retired members?
  3. How do I update new officers after elections or appointments?

Answer: Call 202-639-6444 and ask for Data Processing.



Q: How do I process disband/mergers?

A: Consult with your NVP to process the Montrose Documents.  The NVP will then send the completed paperwork to the NST’s office, and we will process the disband/merger.


Q: How is the Bond Amount for my Local calculated?

A: The Bond amount is calculated based on 10% of your total assets and cash accounts.

Q: How do I get a copy of my current Bond?

A: Please call the National Secretary-Treasurer’s Office at 202-639-6438.

Q: How do I increase/decrease my Bond?

A: Please call the National Secretary-Treasurer’s Office at 202-639-6438.

Member Requests

Q: What is the procedure when members want to review the Local’s Financial Records?

A: Members must make a request in writing.  If there are particular documents the members want to review, please ask them to specify which documents.

The AFGE Constitution

Q: How do I get a copy of the Constitution?

A: Click here to download the AFGE Constitution. The constitution can also be found on the NST Advisor Resources page. If you'd like to purchase a hard copy, you can send a check or money order for $4.00 payable to AFGE – addressed to Office of the National Secretary Treasurer, AFGE, 80 F Street, NW, Washington, DC 20001.

Membership Dues

Q: What is the process for increasing membership dues?

A: Fax the minutes of your membership meeting whereby you agreed to increase the membership dues and how much to the AFGE Finance Department (202-639-6442).  Additionally, you must send a notification of the increased amount to be deducted to your members’ Agencies’ payroll department, with the effective date, to begin deducting the new amount.

Note: Each Agency will have a specific process to follow for dues deduction.

Per Capita Taxes

Q: How do I pay Per Capita Taxes online?

A: Sign up for auto pay by logging into afge.org – click the MyLocal link – Click on the AutoPay tab.

Note: Noninsured Locals autopay is deducted on the 20th of each month; Insured Locals autopay is deducted on the 1st of each month.  Locals will get 48 hours prior notice before the date of deduction.

Managing Local Finances

Q: Who should sign checks on behalf of my Local?

A: The Treasurer should sign all checks, and the President counter-signs.

Q: How many credit cards is the Local allowed to have?

A: The President and Secretary-Treasurer are typically the officers allowed to hold credit cards on behalf of the Local.  Policies and procedures for credit card purchases should be outlined in the Local’s bylaws.

My Local’s Charter

Q: How do I obtain a copy of my Local’s charter?

A: Please call the National Secretary-Treasurer’s Office at 202-639-6438.

AFGE Events

Event Calendar is for Members Only. Please Log In to see our calendar of events.