AFGE has finished negotiating the new Collective Bargaining Agreement, and now it's time to vote YES on our new contract! Despite unprecedented opposition from this administration and new rules restricting our ability to bargain over certain subjects, we held strong against many of the agency's attacks. We even managed to strengthen several parts of the contract.
Recent At the Table Issues
Your AFGE Contract Establishes Standards & Protects Your Rights
- Ensures performance-rating payouts are based on a consistent assessment system.
- Guarantees we have safety standards and equipment that help protect you from risks like chemical exposure and extreme temperatures.
- Successfully expanded the parking subsidy program at participating airports
- Nearly doubled your TSA uniform allowance from $232.00 to $446.00 a year.
- Granted officers permission to wear jackets at the checkpoint and shorts in hot weather
- Stops TSA from denying leave without an appropriate reason or as a form of discipline.
- Allows TSA supervisors to excuse tardiness for up to 30 minutes.
- Creates rules for shift bids and a shift trade policy that all airports must follow.
How do I join the union?
If you want to become a member of AFGE contact your local AFGE representative or visit www.afge.org