Author: Chelsea Bland
With the seemingly endless flood of emails and digital content we receive every day, it's hard to stay focused on what matters. That's why it's important to prioritize messages from your union. Check out the tips below on how to see AFGE first on Facebook and be sure to never miss an email.
See AFGE First on Facebook
Once you’re following the AFGE Facebook page, click on the ‘Following’ button and select ‘See First.’
Whitelist AFGE Action Alerts
Never miss an AFGE email again! Make sure you Whitelist our action alerts.
With Gmail, here’s how:
- Open an AFGE Action Alert Email.
- Click on the “More” button next to the reply arrow.
- Select “Add to Contacts List.”
- Once complete, click on the “More” button again.
- Select “Filter messages like this.”
- At the bottom of the search window, click “Create filter.”
- Check the box that says “Never send it to Spam.”
- Then click “Create filter.”
With an Apple iPhone or iPad, here’s how:
- Open your “Mail” app and go the “Mailboxes” screen.
- Scroll down to the folders area.
- Select the “Junk” folder.
- Find an AFGE Action Alert from A and slide it left to view the options. To easily find one of these alerts type firstname.lastname@example.org in the search bar.
- Tap the “More” button.
- Next, tap the “Mark” button.
- Finally, tap the “Mark as Not Junk” button.
With Outlook 2010 and newer, here’s how:
- Open Microsoft Outlook.
- In the “Home” tab, click the “Junk” drop down menu.
- Then click “Junk Email Options.”
- Click the “Safe Recipients” tab.
- Click the “Add” button.
- Type in the email address you’d like to whitelist. For the AFGE Action Alerts type in email@example.com.
- Finally, click “OK.”
With Yahoo, here’s how:
- Click the “Settings” wheel in the upper right corner.
- Then select “More Settings.”
- Click “Filters” from the left menu.
- Click “Add new filters.”
- For the “Filter name” type AFGE Action Alerts.
- Under “Set rules” in the “From” section select “contains” from the “Select a filter criterion” drop down menu.
- In the “Type a filter value” field enter firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the “Choose a folder to move to” section choose “Inbox” from the “Select folder” drop down menu.
- Finally, click “Save.”
Move AFGE Emails from Promotions to Primary
If you’re a Gmail user, you may find that AFGE emails are going to your promotions tab. Here’s how to move these important messages to your primary tab.
- Go to Settings, then click “Filters and Blocked Addresses”
- Click “Create a new filter” at the bottom of the page
- In the “From” field type the email address: email@example.com
- Click “Create filter”
- Check the box for “Categorize as:” and select “Personal” from the dropdown menu
- Finally, click “Create filter”
Download this graphic to share with your members.
These simple tips can help you stay on top of AFGE actions and events.