Facing mortgage payment problems? AFGE members should act now!
If you’re a home-owning AFGE member and are worried that the next change in your adjustable rate mortgage (ARM) will put payments out of reach, or if you face financial trouble that may make you fall behind on your mortgage payments, the Union Plus Save My Home Hotline may be able to help.
AFGE members can arrange a confidential, free consultation with expert housing counselors who can provide advice, help you find answers and develop an action plan to get your financial house in order. Don't wait until it's too late. Members can call any time, day or night.
Get Advice Designed For AFGE Members
Fully-trained, HUD-certified counselors will discuss your individual situation and offer advice and guidance that is personalized for your situation. Save My Home Hotline housing counselors can:
- Provide a free budget and spending analysis to assess the current financial situation.
- Explain how best to work with your lender and understand all of the options available to help you retain your home and prevent foreclosure.
- Protect you from future credit problems before you get too far behind on mortgage payments.
- Provide a written plan of action you can follow.
- Offer referrals to other resources, including credit and bankruptcy counseling, the Legal Service and the Mortgage program, if appropriate.
- The hotline service is free and confidential.
The counselors at Money Management International (MMI), the nation's largest and most trusted full-service nonprofit credit counseling agency, are ready to help.
In addition to telephone counseling, find face-to-face counseling at more than 100 local offices in 22 states and the District of Columbia.