Do you have AFGE members, family members or prospective members who are NOT already covered under the Federal Employee Health Benefits Program (FEHBP), an employer or union's collectively bargained health plan?
AFGE’s Working America and Union Plus are working with licensed agents at GoHealth to guide any uncovered workers and their families through the insurance enrollment process. We can explain eligibility for tax credits and subsidies, plus advise workers about the best insurance plan to fit their needs and budget.
With the AFL-CIO-endorsed Working America Health Care Program, after you enroll in a qualified health plan, you'll also benefit from a Health Advocate service at no cost.
This unique service provides personalized help to answer your coverage, care, clinical and claims questions, including negotiating medical bills and recommending doctors, including:
- Obtain approvals for needed services from insurance companies and providers
- Negotiate complex bills, to try to lower costs and establish payment plans - acting as a 3rd party negotiator
- Find the best doctors and hospitals
- Access a Nurse Helpline for explanation of conditions and treatment options
- Locate eldercare support services
- Explain your covered benefits, in-network options and more
- Open enrollment for the Health Care Marketplaces starts Oct. 15, 2016 and runs through December 7, 2016.