Staff The VA
It’s time for Congress to act in the best interest of our nation’s veterans, instead of in the interest of the Koch Brothers’ shadow organization Concerned Veterans of America. Our veterans deserve the highest quality of care, they deserve a fully staffed and resourced VA.
What has AFGE done for VA workers?
- AFGE won Saturday Premium Pay for Title 5 Employees. Click Here for more information on backpay payments.
- AFGE helped secure billions of dollars in funding for more staff and facilities for veterans in 2014.
- Encouraged Congress members to close collective bargaining loophole for VA nurses, doctors, dentists, physician assistants, and other front line health care providers
- Fought to restore collective bargaining rights for VA employees
- Secured a new collective bargaining agreement for VA employees nationwide in 2011 that has enhanced working conditions for VA employees and strengthened AFGE's working relationship and partnership with the VA
Why Join AFGE?